Free outdoor family fun! The July 4th Celebration is a cooperative event, providing all day activities for the entire community. Children’s activities and displays, discounted museum admission, and a patriotic symphony performance presented by H-E-B and Wells Fargo will be topped off with a fireworks display. Come celebrate Independence Day in style with the Brazos Valley Symphony. Perfect for family and friends spending the holiday together!
Event description coming soon!
Corigliano- Voyage, for Strings
Rachmaninoff- Piano Concerto No. 2, Op. 18
-----2013 Van Cliburn Gold Medalist-----
Bruckner- Symphony N. 1 in C minor
Second Annual Golf
Hosted by Pebble Creek Country Club
The 18-hole Championship golf course, designed for both challenge and enjoyment by nationally recognized golf course architect Ken Dye, brings out the best in players of all skill levels, while leaving the best of nature in play.
Mr. Dye’s expertise and artistry have produced a series of 18 unique holes, each with its own natural features. Lakes, creeks and woodlands provide a beautiful backdrop and blend with the course design to produce a unique golf experience in the Brazos Valley.
2012 Sponsorship Levels
(subject to change for 2013)
Community Chest Sponsorships Available
Prizes! Prizes! Prizes!
Registration 8 AM - Shotgun Start 10 AM
–GET HIGH with FASO–
High Tea and High Fashion @ High Noon! Socialize with your friends, view the latest fashions, and indulge in your choice of teas, savories and sweets. The Friends Association of the Symphony Orchestra (FASO) is pleased to present this unique fall fundraiser. “Dressed to a Tea” is a high tea and fashion show that will feature fashions from Charli, Jim-n-i, Sabi and Witt’s End. Also featured will be a selection of hand painted teapots by talented local artists and drawings for prizes. FASO’s afternoon tea event will raise money for the Brazos Valley Symphony’s educational programs for children. Please join us!
What: High Tea & High Fashion @ High Noon
When: Friday, November 1, 2013, Noon
Where: Pebble Creek Country Club
Why: Fundraiser for Symphony's Children's Educational Programs
Drawing ticket prices TBD
RSVP Deadline TBD
Event Description Coming Soon!
Mozart- Symphony No. 41, K.551, C Major (Jupiter)
Mozart- Requiem, K. 626
-----Featuring the Brazos Valley Chorale-----
-----and the Texas A&M Century Singers-----
“Holiday Pops Concert,” featuring BVSO Brass musicians, James Faith on organ, the Sanctuary Choir of Christ United Methodist Church – Grady Chism, Music Director – at 5 p.m. on Sunday, December 8th at Christ United Methodist Church, College Station. Come celebrate the joyous sounds of the season with this holiday musical treat. A perfect holiday occasion for family and friends!
Note: This event is separate from the subscription season and is not included in the purchase price of regular season tickets. Adult and child pricing available!
Sample of musical selections:
Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
The First Noel
Halleluiah Chorus for Sing Along
This is just a sample of songs from this beautiful Holiday Program. Come and hear the rest!
The Brazos Valley Symphony & Friends Association of the Symphony Orchestra announce:
16th Annual Brazos Valley Youth Concerto Competition
Open to all students, 18 years of age or under, in a Brazos Valley public or private school, and home schooled.
Entry deadline is December 10, 2013, all entries must be received at the symphony office or postmarked by TUESDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2013.
The competition is open to any music student in any public or private school in the Brazos Valley or any home-schooled student. We’ve had winners as young as 9 and instruments as varied as piano, violin and tuba. There is no entry fee.
Requirements are simple, but deadlines are critical:
- The student selects any movement from any concerto for any instrument, not to exceed 12 minutes in length.
- The student must submit a good quality recording of his or her performance – with or without piano accompaniment – and the application form, both of which must be received in the Brazos Valley Symphony Office by close of business on December 10, 2013 if hand delivering, postmarked by December 10, 2013 if mailing. Late entries will be rejected. It is preferred that entries be submitted on compact disk, but cassette tapes will be accepted. There should be no student or competition identification on the CD or tape.
- The entries will be assigned a number and will be judged anonymously by Marcelo Bussiki, Music Director & Conductor of the Brazos Valley Symphony.
- Up to 5 finalists will be selected by December 30, 2013, and will be notified shortly thereafter.
- The finalists will perform their selection before a panel of three judges and an audience at 3 p.m. on Sunday TBD in 2014, at a location to be determined as well. Students must provide a piano accompanist for the finals; the piano will be provided. Students must also have their music memorized for the performance.
- A winner and first and second runners-up will be named at the conclusion of the finals competition. All three will receive plaques.
- The winner of the competition will be invited to enter the first Juanita Miller Concerto Competition for which he or she is eligible. The Miller Competition is held in Dallas each January and is sponsored by the Texas Association for Symphony Orchestras. The Friends Association of the Symphony Orchestra will pay the entry fee for that event, but the finalist will be responsible for all other expenses. The winner also will be invited to perform with the Brazos Valley Symphony.
- First-place winners of previous Brazos Valley Youth Concerto Competitions are ineligible to enter.
Robert Borden, Chair, e-mail Robert
16th Annual Youth Concerto Competition
ENTRY FORM COMING SOON
ANNUAL CHILDREN’S CONCERTS
Brazos Valley Symphony
Marcelo Bussiki, Music Director
9:30 & 11 am January 13, 2014
Rudder Auditorium, College Station
Art and Essay Contest entries, mail your one page entry with signed waiver to the following address:
BVSO-CC Art & Essay Contest
c/o Nikki Theis
College Station, TX 77845
|Final Instructions for Schools 2013||Bus Instructions|
|Last Season’s Prep Packet||Last Season’s Invitation|
|Waiver for Art & Essay Competitions||Questions? E-mail the Concert Chair|
|Student Conductor Entry Form||Student Conductor Waiver|
-2013 MUSICAL PROGRAM-
Strauss: Waltz from "Die Fledermaus" with Ballet Brazos
Dorff: Billy and the Carnival, A Children's Guide to Musical Instruments
Tchaikovsky: March from the Nutcracker featuring Guest Student Conductors
Bruch: Violin Concerto No. 1, Op. 26, G minor with Michael Bettati, violin
Bettati is the winner of the 2012 Brazos Valley Youth Concerto Competition
-2014 Program TBD-
Thank you to our sponsors:
This program made possible in part by funding and support from Blue Bell Creameries, Target and the Friends Association of the Symphony Orchestra.
Art and Essay Contest Winners receive complimentary tickets for the child and their immediate family to an upcoming symphony concert! Enter today!
Event Description Coming Soon!
Riegger- Romanza, Op. 56a
Foote- Serenade, Op. 25
Barber- Adagio for Strings, Op. 11
Bernstein- Serenade (After Plato's "Symposium")
Event Description Coming Soon!
Britten- Fanfare for St. Edmundsbury
Clarke- Suite in D major: Prince of Denmark's March
Haydn- Trumpet Concerto in Eb Major
Zwilich- Concerto Grosso 1985
Handel- Royal Fireworks Music, HWV 351